- 70g cold Connacht Gold Creamery Butter
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped out
- 250g flour
- 50g brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 120ml Connacht Gold Fresh Cream, plus extra to brush
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Add the vanilla seeds and cook for 10 minutes until the butter begins to brown. Remove from the heat, pour into a bowl and chill for 30 minutes until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5 and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut the cold browned butter into cubes. Use your fingers to work it into the dry ingredients until the mixture is crumbly.
- Whisk together the vanilla extract, egg and cream. Stir into the flour mixture until moistened.
- Knead the dough a few times in the bowl, then turn it out onto a lightly-floured work surface and pat down so it’s 2cm thick. Use a round cutter to cut out circles and place them onto the tray. Brush the tops with a bit of cream and bake for 15-18 minutes until golden.
Per Serving: 176kcals, 9g fat (5.5g saturated), 20.7g carbs, 4.2g sugar, 2.9g protein, 0.6g fibre, 0.14g sodium