175g Coarse Wholemeal flour
175g Cream Plain Flour
1 level tsp Bread Soda Pinch of Salt
50g Connacht Gold Creamery Butter
1 tbsp Brown Sugar
200ml Connacht Gold Buttermilk
25g Parmesan Cheese (finely grated)
3 Streaky Rashers (finely chopped and fried until crispy)
250ml Connacht Gold Full Fat Milk
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Lightly dust a flat baking sheet or swiss roll tin with some flour.
2. Put the wholemeal into a large mixing bowl. Sieve the cream flour, salt and bread soda into the bowl. Mix the ingredients well together with fingers, raising the hands as you do to introduce as much air as possible!
3. Add the cheese and crispy bacon and mix well.
4. Finally, stir in sufficient buttermilk to make a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead for a few seconds. Cut out scones.
5. Put the scones on the preheated tin and bake for about 15 mins. or until risen and a golden brown. Cool on a wire tray.
Serving Suggestions: with butter/ cream cheese & smoked salmon/ cheddar & chutney.