75g Cream Plain Flour
75g Coarse Wholemeal
2 tbsp Sesame Seeds
125g Connacht Gold Creamery Butter
Water (about 4 tablespoons)
For the filling:
50g Connacht Gold Creamery Butter
6 Scallions (washed, trimmed and chopped)
125g Mushrooms (wiped and sliced)
Salt & Pepper
125g Cream Cheese
150ml Connacht Gold Low Fat Milk
1. Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Lightly grease a 21cms/8″ flan or quiche dish.
2. Mix the plain and wholemeal flours together in a bowl. Stir in the sesame seeds. Coarsely rub in the margarine. Add sufficient water to mix to a soft dough.
3. Transfer to a floured surface. Roll out and use to line the prepared dish. Pace into the preheated oven to par cook while making the filling.
4. Meanwhile, melt the margarine in a pan over a low heat and fry the scallions until they soften. Add the mushrooms and cook for a further few minutes.
5. Put the salt & pepper, cream cheese, eggs and milk into a jug and beat well.
6. Take the pastry case from the oven. Spoon the mushroom mixture onto the partially baked base. Next, pour the cheese mixture carefully into the flan case, over the scallions and mushrooms.
7. Return to the oven and bake for a further 35 minutes until risen and set.