190g Short Crust Pastry
150g Hot Cross Buns
50g Connacht Gold Creamery Butter
300ml Maple Syrup
80ml Connacht Gold Fresh Cream
1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
Rind of 1 orange
Some icing sugar for dusting
- Take a 20cm flan ring & grease with melted butter, line with the rolled out short crust pastry, prick the base with a fork, chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Break the hot cross buns into a food processor and blitz until its a nice crumb, transfer to a bowl.
- Mix together the cream, syrup and Connacht Gold butter, heat in a microwave or pot, just enough to melt the butter.
- Add the syrup mixture to the crumb mixture along with the egg, cinnamon, ginger and orange rind, mix well.
- Take the lined flan ring from the fridge, fill with the crumb mixture.
- Place in a pre-heated oven 170c fan or gas mark 5 for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly before removing from the flan ring.
- Dust with icing sugar & serve warm with some whipped Connacht Gold cream
#ConnachtGoldHotCrossBunDay #EasterRecipes #Recipes #HotCrossBun #EasterDessertIdeas