50g Connacht Gold Creamery or Connacht Gold Softer Butter
70g Light brown sugar
1 Large egg
2 Ripe bananas, mashed
100g of Sultanas
200g Self-rasing flour
1tsp of Vanilla extract
Splash of Connacht Gold Fresh Milk
Icing Sugar to dust (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Grease and line a 1lb loaf tin
- In a large bowl beat the sugar and butter together using a wooden spoon until combined and smooth.
- Add the egg, vanilla, sultanas and mashed banana and beat again for 1 minute.
- Fold in the sifted flour and cinnamon. Beat mixture with your wooden spoon until combined. Add a splash of milk if the mixture if it is too stiff, you want a dropping consistency.
- Spoon mixture into the loaf tin and bake for 45min to 1 hour or until a knife pushed in to the centre comes out clean.
- Dust with icing sugar then eat warm or cold.
Store in an airtight container. Best eaten within 3-4 days. You can wrap and freeze for up to 3 months.
#ConnachtGoldKitchen #StayAtHome #quarantinekitchen #BananaBread #EasyRecipes #RecipeVideo