- 300g Plain White Flour
- 1tsp Bread Soda
- 2tsp of Sea Salt
- 2tsp of Light Brown Sugar or Caster Sugar
- 100g Sultanas or Raisins
- 300ml Connacht Gold Buttermilk
- Mix together the flour and bread soda and sieve into a bowl
- Add in the salt, sugar and sultanas and mix together.
- Make a well in the center and add most of the Connacht Gold Buttermilk and mix into a dough, adding more milk if it feels too dry.
- Form into a round shape and place onto a lined flour dusted tray
- Press down and make a deep cross through the dough, but not all the way.
- Make a little hole in each quarter.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven fan 160c / gas mark 4
- Bake for 30 minutes, switch off oven and leave bread in cooling oven to ensure its fully cooked.
Top tip: after 30 minutes stick a skewer into the loaf, if it comes out clear of dough it is ready.
Lovely served warm with lashings of Connacht Gold Creamery Butter and your favourite jam
To watch Chef Joe demonstrate how to make this recipe and many others, visit the Connacht Gold Facebook page HERE!