225g dried spaghetti
1 tbsp olive oil
150g smoked bacon, chopped
1 garlic clove
2 free-range eggs
150ml of Connacht Gold Fresh Cream
100g parmesan cheese, grated
1tsp salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- Boil the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry the chopped bacon and garlic for 2-3 minutes, until the bacon is crisp and browned. Reduce the heat to low.
- In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs with the cream and most of the grated cheese, reserving a little cheese for the garnish. Season generously with freshly ground black pepper.
- Drain the cooked spaghetti, reserving a few tablespoons of the cooking water.
- Put the spaghetti into the pan with the bacon and pour in the cream and egg mixture. Mix well over a very low heat, adding a little of the reserved pasta water to loosen the mixture if needed.
- Divide the pasta between two serving bowls and sprinkle with the remaining cheese and the chopped parsley and enjoy.