* 275g/10oz Self Raising Flour
* 175g/6oz Coarse Wholemeal flour
* Pinch of Salt
* 1 level teaspoon Bread Soda (sieved)
* 100g packet Chopped Walnuts
* 300ml/1/2pt Connacht Gold Buttermilk
* 1 dessertspoon Honey
* 1 dessertspoon Olive Oil
* 1 teaspoon Treacle
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Lightly dust plain flat baking sheet/tray with flour.
2. Put all the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Beat the liquid ingredients together and add to the dry ingredients. Mix to a soft dough.
3. Turn dough onto a floured surface and gently knead, then shape into a round.
4. Place on the floured baking sheet/tray and bake for about 40 minutes or until risen and has a hollow sound when tapped underneath.
5. Wrap in a clean tea towel and allow to cool.
6. Serve with cheese or soup or buttered on its own!
* Tastes delicious with cheese and chutney.