Pancetta & Gruyère cheese tartlets
Perfect for family events or celebrations and they can be made in advance.
- 6 tartlet tins or 1 quiche dish
- 225g flour
- 100g Connacht Gold Unsalted Butter
- Ice cold water 7-8 tablespoons
- Diced pancetta or bacon approx. 220g
- 1 small red onion sliced finely
- 120g grated Gruyère cheese
- 3 eggs
- 120ml Connacht Gold Cream
- 180ml Connacht Gold Milk
- Fresh chives chopped
- Mango orange tomato chutney
- Olive oil to sauté
Make pastry (See video above)
- Rub butter into flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add cold water and bring together with knife, not too wet gather in bowl ,
- Knead quickly on floured surface and leave pastry to rest.
- Roll out to fit each tartlet case.
- Bake the pastry blind.
- Cook the pancetta and onion in oil until soft.
- Whisk eggs, milk and cream together in a jug.
- Layer bottom of pastry with chutney, then add bacon and onion , sprinkle grated Gruyère and pour egg, milk & cream over.
- Add chopped chives to top and remaining grated Gruyère.
- Place in oven for 20-25 mins until egg mixture has set.
These will keep in airtight container in fridge for 2 days or keep in freezer if you want to make ahead of celebration.
Below you will find a wide selection of recipes that you can make with our delicious Connacht Gold products. Please use the menu selection to find exactly what you’re after.
Adrian Martin is an Irish chef brought up in County Cavan, Ireland. He trained in some of Ireland’s most renowned restaurants including MacNean House and Michelin Star restaurant, Bon Appetite in Malahide where he was head of Pastry.
Sarah lives in the beautiful West of Ireland with her husband and their 5 kids. She began her blog in 2019 to showcase her passion for home improvement and decor and now uses her platform to showcase snippets of daily family life, baking tips and interior inspiration.