Soft Bread Rolls
Brush with melted butter and enjoy!
- 650g strong white flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 50g sugar
- 450ml warm water
- 30g Connacht Gold Pure Irish Butter melted
- 15g dried packet yeast
- Place the flour into large bowl with the salt and sugar.
- Add Half the water and the melted butter into one bowl.
- Add half the warm water and the yeast in other bowl, leave 5 minutes become cloudy and frothy.
- Make a well in the dry ingredient and add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Bring together with your hand, if very dry you can add a little more warm water.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 10 minutes.
- Place in large oiled bowl, cover the bowl with clingfilm.
- Proof 2 hour somewhere warm until doubled in size.
- Once proofed, knock back the air from the dough.
- Knead for 1 minute and divide into balls 120g weight each.
- Place in a butter tin 9×13” and cover in cling film lightly.
- Allow to double in size.
- Remove cling fil and bake 200 fan 30-35 minutes.
- Place a tin half filled with boiling water on a shelf under the soft rolls while cooking.
- Once cooked, brush with melted butter and enjoy!
- These rolls freeze very well if you would find that helpful.
Adrian Martin is an Irish chef brought up in County Cavan, Ireland. He trained in some of Ireland’s most renowned restaurants including MacNean House and Michelin Star restaurant, Bon Appetite in Malahide where he was head of Pastry.
Sarah lives in the beautiful West of Ireland with her husband and their 5 kids. She began her blog in 2019 to showcase her passion for home improvement and decor and now uses her platform to showcase snippets of daily family life, baking tips and interior inspiration.
Sarah is a Cookbook author from Co. Mayo. After 20 years working as a Graphic Designer her career curved into cooking during COVID.
She has since published three cookbook and now works full time as a food influencer teaching her simple, homecooked recipes with a focus on reducing food waste and making cooking and baking fun!