Simple bread and butter pudding
The perfect recipe to use up the last of the Easter hot cross buns!
- 6 hot cross buns or sliced brioche
- Connacht Gold butter to spread on each
- 300ml Connacht Gold cream
- 300ml Connacht Gold milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 100g caster sugar
- Dark chocolate chips (half packet)
- slice hot cross buns and butter
- place bottom half into oven proof casserole dish
- add cream , milk & vanilla extract to saucepan and heat (do not bring to the boil )
- add eggs & sugar to boil and whisk
- stir into warmed mixture
- pour half of this mixture over the bottom
- sprinkle on some chocolate chips
- add the tops to the buns and pour over remaining mixture (give ten minutes for the liquid to soak into the bread).
- bake in pre heated oven at 180 for 30 minutes.
Adrian Martin is an Irish chef brought up in County Cavan, Ireland. He trained in some of Ireland’s most renowned restaurants including MacNean House and Michelin Star restaurant, Bon Appetite in Malahide where he was head of Pastry.
Sarah lives in the beautiful West of Ireland with her husband and their 5 kids. She began her blog in 2019 to showcase her passion for home improvement and decor and now uses her platform to showcase snippets of daily family life, baking tips and interior inspiration.
Sarah is a Cookbook author from Co. Mayo. After 20 years working as a Graphic Designer her career curved into cooking during COVID.
She has since published three cookbook and now works full time as a food influencer teaching her simple, homecooked recipes with a focus on reducing food waste and making cooking and baking fun!