White Soda Bread
- 25g Connacht Gold Pure Irish Butter
• 300ml Connacht Gold Buttermilk
• 450g Plain Flour (high quality)
• 1 level teaspoon Bread Soda
• 1 level teaspoon Cream of Tartar
• Pinch of Salt
• 1 tablespoon Caster Sugar
• Connacht Gold Half Fat Butter
- Preheat the oven at 200°C / Gas 5-6 for 40-45 minutes
- Sieve flour, bread soda, cream of tartar and salt into a bowl
- Add sugar into the bowl
- Rub in the butter to breadcrumb consistency, lift the mixture to air the dough
- Add egg & buttermilk, and mix to make a soft dough
- Turn onto a lightly floured board and knead a little
- Place on a baking tray & cut a cross over the top
- Let cool before cutting and enjoy!
Adrian Martin is an Irish chef brought up in County Cavan, Ireland. He trained in some of Ireland’s most renowned restaurants including MacNean House and Michelin Star restaurant, Bon Appetite in Malahide where he was head of Pastry.
Sarah lives in the beautiful West of Ireland with her husband and their 5 kids. She began her blog in 2019 to showcase her passion for home improvement and decor and now uses her platform to showcase snippets of daily family life, baking tips and interior inspiration.
Sarah is a Cookbook author from Co. Mayo. After 20 years working as a Graphic Designer her career curved into cooking during COVID.
She has since published three cookbook and now works full time as a food influencer teaching her simple, homecooked recipes with a focus on reducing food waste and making cooking and baking fun!