Spooky halloween rings
Ingredients – Jam Doughnuts
- 500g strong white flour
- 50g caster sugar
- 40g Connacht Gold butter
- 2 free-range eggs
- 2 x 7g sachets instant yeast
- 5g salt
- 150ml Connacht Gold warm milk
- 130ml water
I used a deep fat fryer to make delicious golden doughnuts. Recipe is easy to follow , it just involves a little patience to allow the dough to prove and double in size. But the results are amazing and so delicious .
Get creative with the toppings and decoration.
- For the dough, place all ingredients into a large bowl.
- mix with a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. (You can also mix by hand)
- Tip dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead well for 10 minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough into a clean bowl, cover with a damp tea towel and leave to rise for an hour.
- Tip the dough out onto a very lightly floured surface, and knock it back by kneading it a few times.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions and shape each portion into a ball.
- Roll out each ball and cut with a cookie cutters and I used an icing tip to cut the central hole for ring doughnuts.
- lLeave to prove for approx 40 mins
- Preheat a deep fat fryer, filled with sunflower oil, to 180C/350F.
- Lower each doughnut into the fryer, cooking each side for about 2minutes or until golden brown. Remove the doughnuts from the oil with a slotted spoon and immediately roll in caster sugar so that the hot fat makes the sugar stick to the sides.
- Decorate using white chocolate , chocolate spread , make the eyes , use writing icing .
You can double the ingredients, batch freeze and they’re quick enough to make in the morning or night before.
Below you will find a wide selection of recipes that you can make with our delicious Connacht Gold products. Please use the menu selection to find exactly what you’re after.
Adrian Martin is an Irish chef brought up in County Cavan, Ireland. He trained in some of Ireland’s most renowned restaurants including MacNean House and Michelin Star restaurant, Bon Appetite in Malahide where he was head of Pastry.
Sarah lives in the beautiful West of Ireland with her husband and their 5 kids. She began her blog in 2019 to showcase her passion for home improvement and decor and now uses her platform to showcase snippets of daily family life, baking tips and interior inspiration.